Magnetic Force includes the following learning objectives:
- Understand that there is a force on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field and use Fleming?s Left Hand Rule to predict the direction of force;
- Use F = BILsin? to find the magnitude of magnetic force for a straight, current-carrying wire in a magnetic field;
- Carry out an experiment to determine the uniform magnetic flux density between the poles of a magnet using a current-carrying wire and digital balance;
- Explain that two parallel current-carrying wires will exert a force on each other and predict the direction of force;
- Define the Ampere;
- Use B =??0nI for the magnetic field strength within a solenoid.
Showing all 6 results