Nuclear Fission includes the following learning objectives:
- Describe the process of induced nuclear fission and the subsequent chain reaction;
- Describe the basic construction of a nuclear fission reactor, including the role of the fuel rods, control rods and moderator;
- Describe the use of nuclear fission as an energy source;
- Calculate the energy released in simple nuclear reactions;
- Describe the peaceful and destructive uses of nuclear fission;
- Describe the environmental effects of nuclear waste and safety aspects of using nuclear fuel.
Showing all 6 results