Wave Characteristics includes the following learning objectives:
- Describe and give examples of transverse and longitudinal waves;
- Describe waves in two dimensions, including the concepts of wavefronts and rays;
- Describe the terms crest, trough, compression and rarefaction;
- Define the terms displacement, amplitude, frequency, period, wavelength and wave speed;
- Measure the speed of sound using a cathode ray oscilloscope;
- Draw and explain displacement-position and displacement-time graphs.
Showing all 6 results