Total Internal Reflection and Optical Fibres includes the following learning objectives:
- Explain the conditions under which total internal reflection occurs;
- Understand the term critical angle;
- State and apply the expression for the critical angle at a boundary between a substance of refractive index?n1 and another substance of lesser refractive index?n2;
- Explain how optical fibres work and their uses in communication and medical physics;
- Understand the problems associated with optical fibres and how these can be accounted for.
Showing all 6 results